Saturday, November 21, 2015

Colorful Fishies

Hey, everyone!

I know, these fishies would be much more suited to Summer than Fall, but I've been itching to use this image! And these were absolutely inspired by the talented Mo of Pretty Quirky. Here is her post that I used for inspiration! Keep reading to find out more!


I know, another seasonally inappropriate mani. But I need to intersperse my vampy Fall manis with some colorful ones now and then! I was actually inspired to buy this stamping plate solely based on Pretty Quirky's mani using it (link to her mani above) and I'm really loving it so far! Born Pretty Store makes such great and affordable stamping plates and this one is no exception! I picked it up along with a couple other products when they recently had a stamping plate sale that was 50% off all stamping plates! Sweet deal!


I started this mani with a white base on all my nails. Then I used a stamper to marble white and Finger Paints Inkblot Blue onto all my nails for a nice sea-like base. On my index and pinky fingers (and all fingers on my right hand) I used white polish to stamp a cool waves image from Bundle Monster Sun Kissed Collection BM-502. For the fishies, I used Born Pretty Store stamping plate BP66 which has an eclectic collection of images which I love. I stamped the fish image with black polish, and while it was still on the stamper head I filled in the images using China Glaze Too Yacht to Handle, China Glaze Trip of a Lime Time, and a franken polish I created that I called Sunrise. I've found that it's easier for me to just press the reverse stamping image onto my nail rather than make a decal with it, so that's how I applied it. Finally I cleaned up around the edges and applied topcoat.


Materials Used
Wet n Wild French White Creme
Finger Paints Inkblot Blue
China Glaze Too Yacht to Handle
China Glaze Trip of a Lime Time
Franken black stamping polish
The Nail Smith Sunrise

I'm SO happy I finally got around to doing these nails! I've been wanting to for so long and they turned out just like I imagined! Yay!! What do you think? Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment