Tuesday, November 24, 2015

HPB Presents: Monochrome Manis!

Hey, everyone!

Holy cow, it's not SERIOUSLY the end of November already, is it?!?! Wasn't Halloween like the other day? Oh well, another month means another Hobby Polish Bloggers link-up, and this month's theme is "monochrome" so there was LOTS of room for creativity with this prompt. Keep reading to find out about the look I came up with!


I just can't rave enough about how fantastic the ladies in Hobby Polish Bloggers are. I feel like I'm constantly asking questions and getting amazing answers! It's such a great little community we have and I really love that everyone shares their knowledge of nails and nail related things so freely! Love you gals!


I've been wanting to try a matte-on-glossy stamping look for a while now and I thought this was simply a great chance to give it a go! I started with two coats of OPI German-icure by OPI on all of my nails, followed by a nice coat of Seche Vite to ensure its glossiness. When it was all dry, I used Orly Matte Top topcoat to stamp a nice grapevine image from Messy Mansion plate MM16 onto all of my nails, rotating the image a bit with each placement. I cleaned up around the edges and that's all. Seriously, nothing more complicated than that! I did find that I had to work quickly to place my images on my nails, but what's nice about this look is if you mess up, you can just apply another layer of glossy topcoat to make the imperfect matte image "disappear", and when it's dry simply stamp again! I was also afraid that the matte image would flake off within the first day, but I've been wearing this almost 5 days now and all that happened is the matte look started to get a bit oily looking from all my cuticle moisturizing.


Materials Used
OPI German-icure by OPI
Orly Matte Top
Messy Mansion plate MM16

I'm super super happy with how these turned out! They're simple and SO incredibly elegant! I definitely think you get the full effect when you use a base color with a bit of shimmer or something to it, not just a creme polish. That way you get better contrast between the matte and glossy parts of the image. Anyway, be sure and check out the looks that the other incredible ladies created below. Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment