Thursday, December 17, 2015

Mind Melting Mutagen

Hey, everyone!

If you follow me on Instagram (check it out here if you haven't already!), you may have seen me post a teaser video of the mani I'll be sharing in this post. I recently purchased a bottle of ILNP Mutagen secondhand from a lovely gal who had never used her bottle. So I figured it was high time I use it! Keep reading for more info!


I wanna tell you about my buying experience, first. I've been wanting Mutagen for a while because I'm a sucker for cool tones and a sucker for multichromes. But ILNP is pretty pricey, even though their polishes are very high quality, in my opinion. Fortunately, I found a gal who was selling her old-style bottle of Mutagen on Storenvy for half the retail price! So I jumped right on that deal, of course. Well, a few days after I purchased it, she emailed me saying how sorry she was that she hadn't shipped it yet - turns out she was in the process of moving to a whole 'nother state, and all her polishes were currently packed up! She gave me the option of cancelling my purchase, but I told her no rush and that I appreciated her letting me know the situation. When she was eventually able to ship it, she told me she had included an "extra something" in the package as thanks for my patience. I figured it would be like little nail decorations or maybe candy, but imagine my surprise when she sent me, in addition to Mutagen, a FULL-SIZED BOTTLE of Ninja Polish Nebula! I was, and still am, stunned by how generous she was! Goes to show how kindhearted the members of the indie polish community are!


Anyway, long story aside, let's move on tho the nails I did with this amazing polish! I started with 2-3 thin coats of Mutagen on every nail. When it was dry, I added a coat of Fair Maiden Polish Fairy Godmother to my middle and pinky nails, just to see what Mutagen looked like with it. On my ring finger, I used black polish and B. Loves Plates B.03 Mind Blown to stamp a funky design. I added topcoat and wore it like that for about a day and a half before I started to get tip wear. I didn't have time to completely redo my nails, so I just used some vinyls to add some black French tips to all my nails to freshen it up! 

As you can see from the video below, this polish is pretty dang shifty. It goes from an olive/khaki green in direct light, to a vivid grass/lime green, through teal and turquoise and purple to even fuchsia at some extreme angles! Love love LOVE it!




Materials Used
ILNP Mutagen
Fair Maiden Polish Fairy Godmother
Franken black stamping polish
Wet n Wild Black Creme
B. Loves Plates B.03 Mind Blown

What do you guys think of this look? I can't wait to use this polish more! If you're the lovely person who sold me this polish and you're reading this, thank you again so much for your kindness and generosity! Thanks for stopping by, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment