Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Born Pretty Store Review: Metal Triangle Nail Decorations

*Provided for honest review*

Hey, everyone!

Sorry for the late post today! Time kind of got away from me! Today I have the first post of my second round of Born Pretty Store review items! Keep reading to learn more about these cute nail decorations!



These neat little triangles are 50Pcs Bowknot Triangle Nail Sparkles Ultrathin 3D UV Gel Nail Art Decorations in style #87 and can be found here for currently $2.53. I honestly didn't count them out because they're pretty fragile, but I'm sure there's at least 50 pieces if not more.



These tiny metal triangles arrived in the package with my other review items and were wrapped in a teeny ziploc bag. I transferred them to an empty space in one of my other decorations wheels for easier storage, as you can see above. I feel like maybe they should be shipped in a more sturdy small container, though, because I noticed that there were quite a few of them that were bent out of shape, and once they're bent it's pretty much impossible to get them to lay flat again. Oh well!


One thing I really like about these is that their profile is so low. They don't stick up from the nail as much as a rhinestone or stud would once applied, especially if you apply topcoat like I did! The only issue I had while wearing them is that the corners of the triangles didn't want to lay down all the way so I had to apply two coats of topcoat to keep them from snagging in my hair and on my clothes.


For this look I used Essie Go Overboard and China Glaze Too Yacht To Handle. I think they look great together and even the names go well with each other! When my base colors were dry I applied a few of the triangles using some topcoat and my handy wax pencil. Then I sealed in all the decorations with two layers of topcoat, as I noted above.


Materials Used
Essie Go Overboard
China Glaze Too Yacht to Handle
Born Pretty Store triangle decorations

Overall I'm pretty pleased with these little things. They give such a nice clean-cut geometric look to nail art! I just wish they came in silver, since I rarely wear gold jewelry. But they're still so pretty! What do you think? Remember you can use the code below to get 10% off your next order from Born Pretty Store. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment