Thursday, June 25, 2015

Opal Fail Nails

Hey, everyone!

Very rarely, I go through the creative process of creating a mani, and when I'm done I'll look at it and think "Nope. I hate this." This was an example of one of those times. Keep reading to find out more!


So if this is a nail fail, then why am I sharing it? Because I know I'm far from perfect so why not share a mani that I put a lot of time and effort into even if I ended up disliking it!


I tried to recreate these opal nails by Lexa at Glitterfingersss but wow, mine didn't turn out anywhere near as good as hers! Then again I also had to improvise with some of the materials since I didn't have everything exactly as she did. I started with one coat of Sally Hansen White On on all nails but my ring finger, then I sponged on Sinful Colors Endless Blue, Sinful Colors Island Coral, and OPI  I Just Can't Cope-Acabana. Next, to mute the colors, I applied two thin coats of OPI Care to Danse?, followed by one coat of Colors by Llarowe Davros and Color Club Covered in Diamonds. I used one more coat of Care to Danse? Lastly I painted my ring finger with two coats of Essie Good as Gold and also stamped on my other fingers using Good as Gold and MoYou London Artist plate #17.


Materials Used
Sally Hansen White On
Sinful Colors Island Coral
Sinful Colors Endless Blue
OPI I Just Can't Cope-Acabana
OPI Care to Danse?
Color Club Covered in Diamonds
Colors by Llarowe Davros
Essie Good as Gold
MoYou London Artist #17

So yeah, I guess this is kinda pretty, but I was just so frustrated from getting this to look the way I imagined that I ended up taking it off as soon as I took pics of it. Oh well. I hope you all enjoy it anyway! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Hello. First of all thank you for your comment on my blog, I appreciate it! I browsed a little bit your blog and found a lot of interesting designs that are very creative, so you've got a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you! I really like your blog too! <3

    ReplyDelete