Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Subtle Mermaid Nails

Hey, everyone!

After the last couple of nail looks that I wasn't super pleased with, it was nice to finally have a mani that I fully enjoyed wearing! Keep reading to find out how I got this look!


While looking for inspiration for this mani, I randomly looked through my swatch sticks for color combo ideas. And I realized that, since I bought my two Sally Hansen Color Foil polishes when they came out last Fall (I think?), I've used each of them maybe once. Then I realized that each of them matched a holo in my collection and I ended up pairing them all together!


I started by painting two coats of Sally Hansen Minted Metal on my thumb and index finger, and two coats of Sally Hansen Cobalt Chrome on my ring and pinky fingers. On my middle finger I painted one half with two coats of Minted Metal and the other half with two coats of Cobalt Chrome, then sponged a gradient of the two down the center of the nail. When those were dry, I used Literary Lacquers Green Gables to do a light holo gradient over Minted Metal and did the same with Color Club Over the Moon over Cobalt Chrome. Then I used stamping plate BM-502 to stamp the mermaid scales using Essie Mezmerised and Wet n Wild Do Pass Go.


Materials Used
Sally Hansen Cobalt Chrome
Sally Hansen Minted Metal
Literary Lacquers Green Gables
Color Club Over the Moon
Essie Mezmerised
Wet n Wild Do Pass Go
Bundle Monster BM-502

These were a nice palette cleanser for me, especially after a few not-so-great manis. I only wish the green scales would have shown up better. Any suggestions for a grass green regular polish that stamps well? Let me know below! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment