Saturday, June 20, 2015

Les Nail Smiths, June 2015: Inspired by a Print

Hey, everyone!

This month's Les Nail Smiths prompt was one of those ones where I bit off way more than I could chew... oh my goodness! But my mani turned out decently, so I'm sharing what I ended up with anyway. Keep reading to find out more!


For June's prompt, I wanted to attempt something kind of complicated. I think that was my first mistake! The print I tried to recreate was actually this pretty fabric pattern called Temple Tile Maya. I loved the colors, and I adored the pattern!


First I tried making some stamping decals. I used Wet n Wild Clear on a plastic bag and stamped using Sinful Colors Clementine and MoYou London Fashionista plate #8, and a white polish with MoYou London Artist plate #17.


When they were dry, I carefully peeled up the orange design with tweezers and laid them on top of the white decals. Unfortunately I got a bunch of bubbles on especially the left one... woops.


I painted two coats of Sinful Colors Rise & Shine on my thumb, middle, and pinky fingers, and two coats of Sinful Colors Clementine on my index and ring fingers. When they were plenty dry, I applied one of the decals to my middle finger, but then it got all super messed up, so I just redid the whole nail (ugh!) and simply stamped the designs as best as I could. I really wish Clementine was more opaque when stamped, but I guess that's the risk you take when you don't own any stamping polishes! I ended up (barely) liking my right hand better than the left, so I included a pic below of that too. I stamped a design in white on my pinky finger, too.


Materials Used
Sinful Colors Rise & Shine
Sinful Colors Clementine
Franken white stamping polish
MoYou London Artist #17
MoYou London Fashionista #8

This was so frustrating to create... Rise & Shine kept drying too fast before I could finish an entire coat, the decals were tricky to work with, and I just wasn't 100% pleased with the outcome. I did adore the color combo though! And please don't forget to check out Michelle's take on this month's prompt! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment