Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween!!!

Trick or treat, everyone!

It's finally Halloween!!! Can you tell I'm excited?! I know this is a little late in the day, but I really wanted to post these ON Halloween this year, to make up for being soooo late last year. This is going to be my obligatory "Halloween costume post," so keep reading!


Believe it or not, I have never been a cat for Halloween. In fact, in my 22 years of life, I've never repeated a Halloween costume. One time I even won a contest at school for being "Bubblegum Under a Chair." That's right. Way cool.


I've been watching a LOT of Face Off lately (how about that season finale, huh??), so I was really excited to do even just a little bit of makeup. I think it turned out pretty well, if I say so myself! I just used some cheap Halloween face paint (leftover from last year's zombie makeup) and made it up as I went. Is that why they call it "make up?" Hmm...


And of course no costume is complete without some Halloween-y nails! I did these using fake nails and shaped them into claws very carefully using cuticle nippers and a nail file. Then I painted them black but didn't want to leave them so plain. So I added some sparkly spider webs! Perfect!


I stuck on the nails using these adhesive tabs from Born Pretty Store. I usually prefer to use tabs like these because they're less damaging to my nails than nail glue would be. Although the night is still young, my nails are staying on pretty darn well so far! I'll probably remove them before bed so I don't stab myself in my sleep, but it'll be fun while it lasts.


Materials Used
Wet n Wild Black Creme
Sally Hansen Celeb City
Fake nails
Nail adhesive tabs
Halloween makeup

I hope you all enjoyed your Halloween as much as I did! I stayed at my mom's house handing out candy to all the young'ns and some of them had super cute costumes! Anyway, thanks for stopping by and Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment