Saturday, November 1, 2014

Les Nail Smiths, November 2014: Cute Animals!

Hey, everyone!

It's time for another installment of Les Nail Smiths with Michelle of Le Lacquer Hookup! This month's theme was chosen by me, and I chose cute animals. Keep reading to find out why I chose this theme!


I've been dying to use these water decals that I got from Born Pretty Store in my last order and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to use them! Nothing says "cute" like a little kitty all tuckered out from playing hard, right? Plus I know Michelle has a soft spot for cute things, heehee!


As soon as I ordered these, I knew they'd go great with a blue and white polka dot background, and I wasn't wrong! Although I got lazy with the dots after doing my left hand so you can see in the pictures below that I did the dots a little differently on my right hand.


Just to let you all know, I've never worked with water decals before. After this experience, I keep asking myself why I've never used them before! They are so fantastic for adding some nice detail to a design without spending forever on a mani. I can't wait to think of other ideas for these decals! If you'd like to check out the other things I purchased from Born Pretty Store recently, I'll have a post up soon about it all! You can click here for more details (post will go live on 11/4/14).


Materials Used
KleanColor Pastel Blue
Sally Hansen White On
Cute cat water decals

Be sure to check out Michelle's take on "cute animals" over on her blog! Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I LOVE the cats on the blue background with polka dots! I never would have thought to do that! Great design!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! As soon as I saw them on BPS I immediately thought "polka dots!" Haha I can't wait to try some more designs with these cuties!!!

      Delete