Saturday, May 31, 2014

BRAINSSSSS

Hey, everyone!

Yes, I realize this post is VERY late and that Halloween was literally months ago, but I'm still trying to catch up. So oh well! Check out the rest of this post to see how my nails for my zombie costume turned out!


I chose to do these gruesome nails using some cheap fake nails I bought at the drug store. That way I could rip them up and not worry about damaging my own natural nails! The above picture was the nails pre-blood-and-gore. I pretty much just layered various browns and flesh colors using a dry brush technique to get the grungy look. Below are the two pictures with the fake blood and the zombie bite that I made myself. 


I used layers of tissue paper and PVA glue to make the bite mark, then some cheap Halloween makeup to attempt give my skin an "infected" look. Not too bad, for my first ever attempt at horror makeup!


Colors Used (I think)
Sally Hansen Cafe Au Lait
Sinful Colors Nirvana
China Glaze Mahogany Magic
Essie Little Brown Dress

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment