Friday, October 10, 2014

Holo Hallow's Eve

Hey, everyone!

Yes, that's right, it's FINALLY October - even if the weather doesn't seem to agree! And for me, October means it's acceptable to start getting excited for Halloween!!! Keep reading to learn more about this mani!


There's just something about this time of year that gets me really excited. Maybe it's the (usually) cool weather, the pretty orange things everywhere (can you tell I like orange?), the plethora of bats that start popping up (I also adore bats), or that I have an excuse to wear a fun costume for a night. Maybe it's all of those. I think it's actually that last one. Yes, definitely all of these things put me in a good mood!


I think this is the earliest that I've ever had Halloween themed nails, though. And honestly I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to top these! There's nothing I dislike about them! In fact, I'm probably going to wear them to the wedding I'm attending this weekend because I really don't want to take them off...


I started off with two coats of my newly acquired Jade Uau! on all fingers. OH MY GOODNESS THIS MIGHT BE MY NEW FAVORITE POLISH!!! So smooth and pigmented and WOW the holo is phenomenal! Sorry, outburst done. After all my nails were dry, I used a fast dry top coat on my index and ring fingers, and while waiting for that to dry I stamped some cute bats onto my other fingers using Winstonia stamping plate W116 and Sinful Colors Black on Black. Then, I used some funky chevron nail guides and Color Club Beyond on my index and ring fingers. Topped with Seche Vite as usual and done!


The first two pics were taken in my light box in indirect artificial light, and the last two were taken in direct artificial light to show off that lovely holo effect. The ring on my finger is a rat/mouse ring from Born Pretty Store here. And while it is cute, I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed with how drastically different it is from the product picture on the site. At least it was cheap!

Materials Used
Jade Uau!
Color Club Beyond
Sinful Colors Black on Black
Winstonia stamping plate W116
Nail guides (you can purchase them here)

Stay tuned this month for more Halloween-y goodness!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment