Thursday, October 23, 2014

Blue n Purple Sparkle

Hey, everyone!

This is a mani that I had on when I visited my boyfriend a few weeks ago (hence the, once again, not-so-great photo quality - sorry!). Keep reading to learn more about it!

You know, I've never really been super big on glitters. BUT lately they've really been growing on me! Glitter is such a simple way to spice up a simple manicure, and this was no exception. I actually used a new technique (to me) to get full glitter coverage with a chunky glitter without all the troublesome thick layers! You just use a makeup sponge, paint the glitter on, and the sponge soaks up most of the excess suspension polish so you get nice full coverage! I saw this method first on Nail Wish, although I'm honestly not sure if she was the first to come up with this idea. I just know that it works GREAT! Although next time I will probably protect my cuticles from stray glitters using a glue base coat or something since cleanup took fooooooreeeeeeveeerrrrrrr. I really liked the way this came out though!

Materials Used
Essie Blue Rhapsody
China Glaze Grape Pop
Milani Twinkle
Makeup sponge
Messy Mansion stamping plate MM24

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment