Saturday, October 4, 2014

Les Nail Smiths, October 2014: SCIENCE!

Hey, everyone!

Are you ready for this month's installment of Les Nail Smiths? I know I am! This month's theme, chosen by Michelle, was SCIENCE! Gee, can you tell I'm excited?! Keep reading for more details!


Having graduated with a BS in Chemistry earlier this year (wow, it still doesn't feel real sometimes...), of course I love any excuse to put science related things on my nails! The tricky part was not repeating science themed nails I've done in the past, and also I knew Michelle was going to be using one of the same stamping plates that I have so I didn't want to be too similar to her design. 



I settled on what you see here, since it combines my two favorite colors ever (orange and turquoise), which complement OPI The Living Daylights perfectly! Then I stamped a few images using my Vivid Lacquer VL017  stamping plate (which is once again sold out) and my LeaLaC LLC8 stamping plate (which you can see I used in an old post here but I think is no longer made). I stamped using Essie No Place Like Chrome, which is amazing - but due to its metallic finish (I think), it dries SUPER fast, so you have to be really quick about stamping it!


Materials Used
Sinful Colors Clementine
Orly It's Up to Blue
Essie No Place Like Chrome
OPI The Living Daylights
VL017 stamping plate
LeaLaC LLC8 stamping plate

Overall I'm really happy with how this design turned out! Unfortunately I had to clean my turtle's tank the next day and my mani didn't survive very well... sigh. Be sure to check out Michelle's October post over on her blog!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment