Thursday, September 25, 2014

Welcoming Fall with Multichrome Dry Brushing

Hey, everyone!

This week brought us the official beginning of fall (even if it may not feel like it quite yet)! Keep reading below for more info on this quick and easy mani!


I was hoping that this mani and its pretty colors would help usher in some more fall-like weather here in Northern California! Lately our state has been plagued with a pretty bad drought, nasty wildfires, and very un-fall-like temperatures. I'm just ready for it to start getting cooler!


Originally I had wanted to use one or two of my multichrome polishes for this look, since I wanted to mimic changing leaves and whatnot. But THEN I had the idea to just use all of my pretty multichromes! I just wasn't sure how to nicely incorporate them all into one mani...


I decided to go with a dry brushing technique over a black base, and I'm so happy I did! This way, every color got a bit of the spotlight, and I think this is the prettiest mani I've done in quite a while.


For my own curiosity, I put on a matte top coat after a couple days of wearing the glossy original version. I thought I would like matte better, since I've heard and seen that it does really cool things to metallic/chrome polishes. And honestly, I think I like the glossy version better! I think it's because the colors pop just a little more.


Overall, I'm really happy with the way these turned out. I'll definitely be revisiting the dry brush technique again because it was really fast and easy with minimal cleanup! Plus it gives a really funky, grungy effect.


Materials Used
Wet n' Wild Black Creme
Sally Hansen Plume
Sally Hansen Lava
ILNP Birefringence
Polish Me Silly Dynamite
Essie Matte About You topcoat

PS - I'm sorry about the inconsistent skin tone on my fingers, but the colors on my nails ARE true to what they looked like in person! I promise! 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment