Saturday, September 6, 2014

Les Nail Smiths, September 2014: India Inspired!

Hey, everyone!

It's that time again, the first Saturday of the month! Which means it's time for another Twin Mani post by Les Nail Smiths! This month's theme was inspired by the beautiful culture of India! Keep reading to learn more!


A few weeks ago, my grandma and I went to see the movie The Hundred Foot Journey. IT. WAS. INCREDIBLE!!! Without giving any spoilers, this movie is a must-see if you love food, culture, and following your dreams. As soon as it was over I was ready to watch it again! The main character and his family are from India, so that's why I was drawn to make the theme for this month about India.


After doing a quick Google Image search for some actual designs from Indian culture, I settled on this one because it's so pretty! While I didn't exactly copy the various patterns on the elephant in my design, I tried my best to put my own little twist on them. All the patterns on my nails were handpainted using a small detail brush I picked up from Michael's a while back.


Materials Used
KleanColor Pastel Teal
Sinful Colors Endless Blue
Orly Red Flare
Sally Hansen Lightening
Sally Hansen Play Koi
OPI Goldeneye

Be sure to check out Michelle's take on this month's theme over on her blog! You can check out her post here!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment