Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Holy Moly, Look at That Holo!

Hey, everyone!

It seems that every time I use one of my holographic polishes, I fall in love with holo all over again! And this mani was no exception. Keep reading to check it out!


Since I couldn't decide whether to use my blue or silver holo, I decided a gradient was a great compromise! These few pictures with the strong holographic effect were taken in direct artificial light, not in my light box. I've found that's the best way for my camera to capture the gorgeous rainbow!


First I did two coats of Nfu Oh 061, the first holographic polish I ever owned. This polish has an AMAZING linear holo effect, and at the price I paid for it, I sure hope so! Also the bottle is the prettiest one I own (check it out here). Although it doesn't look like much in the bottle, on the nail it really comes to life! Next I sponged on a gradient of 061 and Color Club Over the Moon, from the second Halo Hues collection.


After the gradient dried completely, I used Avon Gel Finish Inked Up (a nearly black navy blue) and a stamping plate from Born Pretty Store to add some finishing touches.


As you can see from the pictures below, I actually liked the way my right hand turned out better than my left! The stamping was a bit sharper and the placement was better so I figured I'd show my other hand some love on here for once!




Materials Used
Nfu Oh 061
Color Club Over the Moon
Avon Gel Finish Inked Up
Stamping plate QA65 (available here)


Also, I'm sure you noticed that I changed up my nail shape. After being on vacation for a whole week and doing nothing with them, they were in desperate need of some T.L.C! I decided to opt for a bit of a more square look, just to see how I like it.


At first I thought they were kind of annoying (not to mention time consuming to shape them!), but they're definitely growing on me - no pun intended.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment