Saturday, January 7, 2017

It's Still Christmas, Right?

Hey, everyone!

What's that, you say? The deadline for posting Christmas manis is far past? NONSENSE, I say! So here's the nail design I actually wore on Christmas Day in 2016. Keep reading for all the details!


I was going for a classy Christmas trees look with this design. I've gotta say, these are possibly my favorite Christmas nails I have EVER created! They're just so... lovely! I think this is also maybe the most types of nail decorations I've used in one mani. I could be wrong about that, though, sometimes it's hard to recall past nail designs.


For this nail art, I started with two coats of Essie Leggy Legend on all of my nails except my ring finger, which got one coat of Sinful Colors Exotic Green instead. When they were all completely dry, I started on the details! For the pine needles on the thumb and covering the ring finger, I used various shades of green including Exotic Green, Finger Paints Monet Money, and Sinful Colors Olympia. This helped created a really nice depth by using these shades of green. After this, I sealed everything with my topcoat of choice, Seche Vite. When it was totally dry, I got to work applying the rhinestones, glitter, and caviar beads and secured them using nail glue. Surprisingly, they stayed on for at least a few days without coming off! Enjoy this macro of my thumb, because dang, I was so proud of this mani!


Materials Used
Essie Leggy Legend
Sinful Colors Exotic Green
Sinful Colors Olympia
Finger Paints Monet Money
Nail glue
Rhinestones, glitter, caviar beads

Part of me wishes it was still Christmas time, but at the same time it's such a stressful time of year. And it will come again next year! I hope you all have been enjoying 2017 thus far! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment