Sunday, January 29, 2017

Silver Filigree

Hey, everyone!

Most of you know by now that I'm a big fan of the chrome powder trend that's been sweeping the nail community lately. Today's post is another installment in chrome adventures, so keep on reading to see what I've come up with this time!


Recently I purchased the new portable 9W LED gel lamp from BundleMonster (I might eventually do a review of it, we'll see), and since then it's been SO much easier for me to apply and cure gel polish. So I've been trying to get a little more creative about how I use my chrome powder, and thus this design was born!


For this look, I started off with a base of black regular polish. When it was totally completely dry, I applied a thin layer of no-wipe clear gel polish and cured it. Next, I used a silicone brush and applied some clear builder gel in a filigree pattern on my thumb, and in a spiral on my index and ring fingers, then cured it and removed the tacky layer with rubbing alcohol. I applied chrome powder from Born Pretty Store, applied and cured another coat of no-wipe topcoat over the entire nail, and applied more chrome powder. I ended up sealing everything with Seche Vite and I still had a nice reflective surface when it was all completely dry!


I took a quick video of these nails in the sunlight, but I apologize that it might be too quick. But at least it's shiny!


Materials Used
Wet n Wild Black Creme
IBD Clear Builder Gel
Born Pretty Store No-Wipe Clear Gel Topcoat
Born Pretty Store Mirror Powder

I think I'll be expanding on this idea in the future, but this was a really fun design to create! What do you think about it? Let me know below. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment