Saturday, March 11, 2017

Q*bert Vibes

Hey, everyone!

I like classic arcade games a lot. They have simple controls, yet still require a lot of skill! Today's design is brought to you by one of those games, specifically Q*bert! Keep reading to find out more!


I've seen nail artists do designs similar to this one before by using diamond glitter pieces, but since I don't have glitter like that, I simply hand painted it instead! And how did I pick the colors? I saw the residue from various stamping manis on my lint roller and thought "Oooh, those look good together!" I like stepping outside my comfort zone to pick colors, sometimes it works out beautifully!


I started with two coats of Maybelline Audacious Asphalt on all my nails. When it was dry, I started painting diamonds on my nails, first with Essie Merino Cool, followed by Sinful Colors Innocent and China Glaze Custom Kicks. It was really tricky to get nice sharp, straight lines, but I think it turned out great! I can just picture little Q*bert hopping down these cubes, can't you?


Materials Used
Maybelline Audacious Asphalt
Essie Merino Cool
Sinful Colors Innocent
China Glaze Custom Kicks

I love how simple yet bold this nail look was! What do you think? Let me know, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment