Thursday, March 2, 2017

Double Duty Glitter

Hey, everyone!

Sorry I forgot to post on Tuesday, it honestly just totally slipped my mind! But today's post will hopefully make up for it because DOUBLE GLITTER! And this post has a ton of pics, so be prepared! Keep reading to find out more!


First of all, I want to let you know about the awesome nail artist who inspired this design! Elle (@with2L on Instagram) is incredibly talented in the way of nails. She uses gel and tons of different types of pigments, rhinestones, charms, and more on her nails to create some really incredible looks! She's just really awesome and you should check her out!


Recently, she created a really awesome double glitter placement nail that really inspired me! You can check it out HERE. Honestly, I still like hers way better than mine, but I ended up liking mine as well! I just should have added an extra coat of something here or there, but I'll get there in a moment.


I started my design with two coats of Serum No. 5 Indi-Glo, which means this mani also GLOOOOOWS! But you'll see those pics soon enough. After that base dried, I used some simple Wet n Wild Clear to stick the glitters on, starting down the center of each nail and then rows on each side. I first placed some black holo glitters from TwinkledT. When I had them all placed, I went back and added some smaller silver holo glitters on top of the black ones. THIS is the point I should have added a layer or two of topcoat between glitters in order to create that cool depth that Elle was able to get. But oh well, I like these well enough! After all the glitter was placed, I applied two coats of topcoat to smooth it all out.


These glow pics are unedited completely except for cropping and watermarking. My nails were SO. BRIGHT. For, like, 3 nights I had trouble falling asleep! And then I had to take them off because they were also freaking out my cat at night (I'm ashamed to say I thought it was a little funny, but only the first time it happened)!


I was especially pleased that I was able to space these so nicely and evenly. That almost never happens for me, because whenever I place glitter my hands get shaky and jittery. But these turned out so even!


I couldn't end this post without a nice sparkly video of this double glitter, could I? So enjoy!


Materials Used
Serum No. 5 Indi-Glo
Wet n Wild Clear
TwinkledT black holo glitter
Born Pretty Store silver holo glitter

I know my mani isn't exactly the same as Elle's, but that's the fun of inspiration! You can put your own spin on ideas that others have come up with! Let me know what you think of this below! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment