Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Nails on Point

Hey, everyone!

I'm not entirely sure what I was going for with this mani, but hey, it worked out okay! So keep reading to find out more about this design!


I've seen a bunch of people create knives on their nails lately using chrome powders. I'm not sure who came up with it first, but it is such a badass and fierce look! I wanted to spice it up even more and put my knives on a vivid rainbow background, so that's what I ended up doing!


I started with a base of Color Club Harp On It on all of my nails. That's right, somewhere under all that color is a holo base! I also applied a bit of e.l.f. Glitter over that, which is basically a small silver holo glitter polish. I loved this base combo so much, it's a shame more of it didn't show through the colors!


For the rainbow gradient, I used my OPI mini set of the Color Paints (only 5 little colors) to create ALL of the rainbow shades! It was quite a challenge, especially to get the red (I ended up mixing pink and orange), but I loved the end result!


For the knives, I painted the base shape of them and their handles using black polish. I waited until it was completely dry, then I used my no-wipe topcoat from Born Pretty Store to go over the portion that would be the blade. I cured it, applied my BPS Mirror Powder, and brushed away the excess before I sealed it all with a topcoat.


Isn't this mani just stunning in motion? This was another one that was fairly distracting while I was in my car - only at stoplights, though!


Materials Used
Color Club Harp On It
e.l.f. Glitter
OPI Primarily Yellow
OPI Pen & Pink
OPI Turquoise Aesthetic
OPI Purple Perspective
OPI Chromatic Orange
Wet n Wild Black Creme
BPS Gel Topcoat
BPS Mirror Powder

What do you guys think of knives on nails? I'd love to hear what you think! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment