Thursday, March 9, 2017

Pretty Cool Eyes

Hey, everyone!

I've had this idea floating around in my head for a while, and I finally got around to actually putting it onto my nails! So keep reading and take a LOOK at this design!


I had the idea a while ago of using a colorful rhinestone as the iris of a tiny eyeball. I looked around and didn't see anyone else doing it (please correct me if I'm wrong!), so I gave it a shot! It took some trial and error, but I was pretty happy with the result!


First of all, I started with two luxurious coats of OPI Mermaid Tears on all of my nails. I absolutely love this polish, but since it was LE when it came out, I use it only every once in a while because it is... my precious. Just kidding... mostly. After that was dry, I applied a thin coat of ILNP Gaia, followed by a thin coat of Fair Maiden Polish Fairy Godmother to add a nice holo shimmer.


My next step was to create the little eyes. I painted some tiny almond shapes on my nails using white polish, estimating the size I would need for the rhinestones to look okay in size relation. Then, I used a detail brush and black polish to outline those little almond shapes, as well as add some eyelashes for added mystique.


At this point I added the rhinestones (in some cool tones because hey, why not?), securing them with a tiny dot of nail glue each. Then I used a tiny dot of black on each one to create a pupil. When all of this was dry, I carefully applied a generous amount of topcoat to protect everything.

How could I share this mani without some nice polish-in-motion videos? I swear, the Boomerang function on Instagram is the besssst for this!

Materials Used
Wet n Wild Black Creme
Wet n Wild French White Creme
OPI Mermaid Tears
ILNP Gaia
Fair Maiden Polish Fairy Godmother
rhinestones

So what do you think? Is this a hot new trend? Eh, probably not, but I really love it! Let me know what you think, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment