Saturday, March 25, 2017

Axolotl Friend!

Hey, everyone!

Oh look, I didn't post at all this week. Sorry, I've been feeling like I'm fighting off a cold/flu bug, been super exhausted, very busy, and pretty emotionally drained. But I am feeling a bit better, so you're gonna enjoy this post today! Or not, it's up to you. Keep reading to see what I've got to share!


Have you guys heard of axolotls before? Because they are freaking adorable! They're little salamander relatives that have these feathery looking gills and they always look like they're smiling and I absolutely love them. So I wanted to do some nail art inspired by them, because why not, right?


I started with a white base on all of my nails for a nice blank canvas. When it was dry, I used a few polishes and my stamper to make a smoosh marble/stamper marble to get a nice watery effect. I used white, my own franken polish Cloudy Day, and Wet n Wild Blue Wants to Be a Millionaire and I really love the light look it created!


I created some little axolotl faces on my thumb and middle finger using OPI My Very First Knockwurst, Sinful Colors Island Coral, and just a bit of black for the eyes. Then I decided that every axolotl needs some bubbles in its habitat! So I used some builder gel and applied some clear iridescent caviar beads from Born Pretty Store, as well as a couple Zaza Bubbles from athenarocks.com. Once cured, I sealed them all in with no-wipe topcoat, so I wouldn't lose any. Oh, and I used peel-off basecoat on those nails so I didn't have to file off the builder gel. Smart past me!


Materials Used
Wet n Wild French White Creme
Wet n Wild Black Creme
Wet n Wild Blue Wants to Be a Millionaire
The Nail Smith Cloudy Day
OPI My Very First Knockwurst
Sinful Colors Island Coral
IBD Clear Builder Gel
BPS Gel topcoat
BPS clear caviar beads
Athena Rocks Zaza Bubbles

So what do you think? Personally, these little guys put a big smile on my face whenever I see them! Such jolly little creatures. I hope they make you smile too! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment