Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Hobby Polish Bloggers Presents: Gradients!

Hey, everyone!

I've been saving the idea for this mani for a while now, and when the Hobby Polish Bloggers decided that this month's prompt would be "gradients" I thought it was the absolute perfect opportunity! Keep reading to find out more!


I just love seeing what the ladies of HPB come up with for these monthly prompts, even when I'm too busy to participate! They're all so incredibly creative and fun and I'm so lucky to be part of this fantastic group with them!


For a while I've been toying with the idea of using every multichrome I have to create a gradient. Go big or go home, right? So this time I actually did it! I started with two coats of Wet n Wild Black Creme on all of my nails so that the multichrome polishes would pop a bit more than usual. After masking my cuticles with liquid latex, I used a makeup sponge to create a gradient with the following polishes (top to bottom): Polish Me Silly Dynamite, Sally Hansen Plume, ILNP Mutagen, and ILNP Birefringence. When this gradient was dry, I used my white franken stamping polish and MoYou London Games #5 to stamp a funky maze image. I really love using white images with these multichromes, I'm not sure why! I finished everything off with a coat of Seche Vite.


Oh, and here's a (not the greatest quality) video to attempt to show ALL the different colors in this magical gradient at different lighting angles. Yay!


Materials Used
Wet n Wild Black Creme
Polish Me Silly Dynamite
Sally Hansen Plume
ILNP Birefringence
ILNP Mutagen
Franken white stamping polish
MoYou London Games #5
Liquid latex

This mani was really fun to wear because it was such an interesting mixture of vampy and colorful! What do you think about it? Be sure to check out the manis that all the other ladies of HPB have created for this prompt! Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment