Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Beware the Evil Eye!

Hey, everyone!

I don't know about you, but so far my 2016 has been pretty busy! The school district I substitute teach in just came back from break today, and I had an exhausting yet overall good day. I'm honestly not sure how busy I'll be from now on, but chances are that I'll only have time for one blog post per week. So for the foreseeable future, I'll only be posting on Wednesdays, and if I have an extra post to share it'll be on Saturday. Okie dokie? Cool! Anyway, keep on reading for details on this nail look!


I actually wore this mani a couple weeks before Christmas, hence the super long nails. I got tons of compliments on it! I have done "evil eye" nails in the past, but it was 1) before I took non-blurry pictures of my nails, 2) before I had proper nail tools, and 3) before I had learned to clean up after my mani was done. Let's just say you can use your imaginations to picture the lime-green predecessor of this mani!

I started with two coats of Icing Text Me Later on my thumb, middle, and pinky fingers, and two coats of Wet n Wild French White Creme on my index and ring fingers. After applying a coat of Seche Vite to help with dry time, I used some half moon vinyls and some straight vinyls to create the eyes on the index and ring fingers and the 'V' on my middle finger. On my thumb and pinky I used a makeup sponge to do a gold-to-purple gradient using OPI Goldeneye, which is also what I used to do the 'V' on my middle finger. For the details in the eyes, I used China Glaze Too Yacht to Handle and Wet n Wild Black Creme. I sealed everything with a topcoat. 


Materials Used
Icing Text Me Later
OPI Goldeneye
China Glaze Too Yacht to Handle
Wet n Wild French White Creme
Wet n Wild Black Creme
Nail vinyls & makeup sponge

I REALLY loved the way these turned out! My brother, though, pointed out that the arrangement of the eyes and 'V' make it look like a weird owl or something. WHATEVER, IT'S COOL! Hope you guys like this as much as I do! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment