Saturday, January 23, 2016

Born Pretty Store Review: Small Triangle Studs

*Provided for honest review*

Hey, everyone!

I've been so busy lately but I'm really loving my job so far! Substitute teaching is really fun and I love getting to see some of my favorite teachers from high school on a regular basis! Anyway, today I have a quick review to share with you of some super cute little triangular studs from Born Pretty Store. Keep reading to find out what I thought about them!


I've been such a sucker for 3D nail decorations lately and these little studs are no exception! I actually wore this nail look a couple weeks ago and the pictures have just been sitting in my "To Edit" folder begging to be posted. Oh, and have you noticed that I love doing size comparisons with a dime? It's so easy and such a nice size reference for nail stuff, in my opinion.


When you order these triangular studs you get 50 of them for currently $0.99 (normally $2.68). Each stud is 1x2.55mm and they're slightly pyramidal in shape. I chose to review the silver ones, although they also come in gold too if that's what you'd prefer. You can purchase them here if you're interested!


One thing I really love about these studs is they have a very low profile, and are tiny enough that even if you have very curved nails, the flatness of them shouldn't cause any snagging problems. Yay!


I guess these sorta inspired me to do an art deco style nail art, so I started with one of my favorite vitange-y shades - OPI Mermaid's Tears. I seriously love this polish so much and I'm SO HAPPY I was able to replace my broken bottle last year (or was it the year before...?). I did two coats on all my nails but my ring finger, and then created a gradient using it and Sally Hansen Minted Metal. On my ring finger I just did two coats of Minted Metal. Dang, these two are so pretty together! Then I cleaned up the edges and applied topcoat. When it was dry I used some nail glue to apply the studs as well as some small half pearls and a few silver caviar-type beads.


 Materials Used
OPI Mermaid's Tears
Sally Hansen Minted Metal
BPS triangle studs
Half pearls
Caviar beads

I really love this look, and I love the thumb and ring finger designs the best (sorry, index design, you were prettier in theory than in practice)! I definitely need to use my caviar beads more often. Anyway, if you feel like purchasing this or any other item from Born Pretty Store, remember to use the code below for 10% off non-sale items! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment