Thursday, April 30, 2015

Confessions of a Nail Polish Addict Tag

Hey, everyone!

Today's post is a bit different. It doesn't feature nail art like my other posts, but instead you'll get to know a bit about me! I was tagged by Michelle of Le Lacquer Hookup to answer these questions, so here goes! You can check out her answers here. Keep reading to learn more!


Between the time that Michelle tagged me in this and the time I'm writing it, I actually came across Very Emily's post for the same tag. As I was reading it I noticed she changed a few questions a bit and I like her version better, so I'm gonna go with her questions rather than the originals! They're not much different, just a bit more in depth. Alright, here we go!

1. What nail polish are you wearing on your nails (and toes) right now?

On my nails I've got Urban Outfitters Tiny Shorts, which is an unbelievably bright neon orange, stamped with black polish and some cool designs (post coming in the next couple weeks!). On my toes I have Icing Text Me Later topped with Color Club Covered in Diamonds. I usually do my toes about once a month or so and call it good!

2. What is one nail product you can't live without?

This is a tough one... I think it's a tie between a good fast-dry top coat (my go-to has been Seche Vite for years now) and a small brush for cleanup (I use an e.l.f. concealer brush). Both of these products just make such a huge difference in my nail art!

3. What is your favorite nail polish brand (mainstream and indie)?

As far as mainstream brands go, I've never been disappointed with a single one of my OPI polishes. I love their wide brush, I love the shape of their bottles, and I love their polish formulas! For indies, that's trickier. I only have a bottle or two of different brands, so it's harder to choose! But from what I have, I really like Ellagee, ILNP, and Polish Me Silly. My indie collection is growing, though - I have at least twice as many right now as I did this time last year!

4. What nail shape do you wear? Short or long?

My nails are usually on the shorter side, at the most they only go past my fingertip by about half a centimeter. I've tried sporting squoval and square nails before but I always come back to rounds because they're easiest for me to maintain. I also really like how rounds help my fingers look more feminine and a bit longer. 

5. What is your go-to color?

Hmm... I'm gonna generalize a bit here because I very rarely wear a polish by itself without nail art. As far as base colors for nail art, though, I find myself often reaching for OPI My Vampire is Buff, Maybelline Bare Escape, or plain old black or white. 

6. What is your favorite nail polish finish?

Most of the time I'm either wearing a holo polish or a creme polish. I'm not super big on shimmer polishes a lot of the time (although I have quite a few). Sometimes I'll even put on a creme polish and then top it with my handy dandy Fair Maiden Polish Fairy Godmother linear holo topcoat! 

7. What's on your nail polish wishlist?

I recently bought a few of the polishes on my wishlist so it's fairly short right now! (Yay for nail mail!)
  • Crows Toes Shoot the Butterfly
  • Polish Me Silly Twinkle Toes
  • Serum No. 5 Indi-Glo

8. When do you usually paint your nails (morning, afternoon, or evening?)

I usually do my nail art and anything nail related anywhere from mid-morning to early afternoon because I live in my dad's house and the smell of polish bothers my stepmom. So I try to get my nails done before they get back from work.

9. What's your top nail tip you swear by?

I think cleaning up around your cuticles after you paint your nails makes such a difference in how your mani looks! Admittedly, it's not necessary or required, but personally I noticed I was much more confident in my nail art skills once I started using a brush and acetone to cleanup after I finished a mani. It just makes it look so professional and, let's face it, nobody is perfect when they paint their nails! So cleanup is just a nice extra step to give your mani that extra oomph!

10. What nail polish do you regret buying?

Well, most of the polishes that I regret buying I end up selling/giving away. So I don't own a lot that I still regret. One off the top of my head, though, is probably Wet n Wild Nuclear War, because it's almost exactly the same as Sally Hansen Playing Koi which I already owned. But I like orange, so I'm sure I'll use it all at some point!

11. Neons or pastels? Brights or darks?

WHY NOT ALL OF THEM?! It honestly depends on my mood and the season. I don't wear a lot of pastels, I suppose, so for that question I would have to go with neons. But I probably wear an equal share of brights and darks!

12. What is your holy grail black, white, or nude polish?

For black, I gotta say that Wet n Wild Black Creme is pretty awesome, and cheap, too! Same goes for Sally Hansen White On. Both are nice and opaque, practically one-coaters. For nude, I like OPI My Very First Knockwurst as an opaque nude, and OPI Care to Danse? as a sheer nude. 

13. What is one brand you want to try but haven't?

Oh man... lots of answers to this. But I think I'll say A England because I've heard nothing but good things about their polishes!

So there ya go! A little peek into the mind of a nail polish addict! I hope you enjoyed! I'm tagging Amy of Amy Loves New Wave so you can see what her answers are, too! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment