Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Born Pretty Store Review: Rainbow Fractal Water Decals

*Provided for honest review*

Hey, everyone!

Today I'll be sharing my thoughts on this set of AMAZING water decals from Born Pretty Store! I saved the best for last, so keep reading to find out more!



This set of water decals is called 1 Sheet Water Decals Full Stickers Fantasy Colorful Flower Print Full Nail Art Water Decals, in the design 191. You can purchase it here for currently $1.59, regularly priced at $2.53. The design completely covers the sheet, so you can easily cut a section to fit any of your nails or even just part of a nail!



You may notice some lines across the water decal sheet in the pictures above. That's because I got so excited to use these that I sat down and started cutting sections out for my nails before I took pictures of the sheet beforehand for this review post! WOOPS! I just used some tape on the back of the sheet to put the sections back together while I photographer them, and all was good in the world! So just be aware that those strange slices wouldn't be there normally...


I chose this water decal sheet to review for two reasons. First of all, I LOVE the colors! They're not quite neon and not quite pastel, so pretty much perfect (in my opinion). Also the design is essentially a fractal, which is simply fantastic and not something you see in nail art every day.


I have seen a few other bloggers review water decal sheets like this and they'd said that they work best over a white base. So after I cut out a few different sections from the sheet to fit my nails, I painted my middle and ring fingers with two coats of Sally Hansen White On. On my other nails, I did two coats each of Sinful Colors Rise and Shine, China Glaze Trip of a Lime Time, and Maybelline Iced Queen, on my thumb, index, and pinky fingers, respectively. Then I used a dotting tool to apply some dots of various sizes to my non-white nails using the same base colors as the other fingers.


When my white base was dry, I grabbed a section of water decal with tweezers and dunked it in a small container of water for about 25 seconds. Then I carefully slid the design off the paper backing and put it on my nail, adjusting the positioning until I was happy. Then I gently dabbed at my nail with a tissue to absorb the excess water. Next I used my cleanup brush and a bit of acetone to remove the excess decal around the edges of my nail. Finally I applied a topcoat to all of my nails.


Materials Used
China Glaze Trip of a Lime Time
Maybelline Iced Queen
Sinful Colors Rise and Shine
Sally Hansen White On
Born Pretty Store water decal

I've gotta say, working with full nail water decals was a lot less tricky than I had anticipated! I did notice that when I slid the design off the backing that it didn't have a white image backing to it like the other water decals I reviewed, so I'm really glad I applied these over a white base to really make the colors pop! One thing I'm not crazy about on these full sheet water decals is that the design code is right in the middle of the sheet, making it difficult if you want to use that part of the design. I think it would be better if the letters/numbers were on the edge of the sheet instead. Overall, though, I really really loved these water decals and I'm going to be ordering another sheet of them soon. Don't forget to use the code below to get 10% off your next purchase from Born Pretty Store! Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment