Thursday, April 23, 2015

Kaleidoscope Nails for Gramma

Hey, everyone!

My gramma loves when I do her nails, even when she's a guinea pig and helping me test out a new technique or nail art style! This post is an example of one of those time, so keep reading to find out more!


Gramma works a lot with her hands around the house, so it's always a treat to get to do her nails every now and then. As a bit of background for this nail art, my gramma absolutely loves kaleidoscopes. For Christmas this last year, I got her an old-school one with the beads in the end that you can rotate and such, and she plays with it pretty much every day. She just loves all the colors and patterns, and I agree! So I wanted to give her some pretty kaleidoscope nails!

I started off with two coats of Sally Hansen White On on all of her nails. When that was dry, I randomly blobbed on all of my DIY sheer tints that I had made (see below for a reminder). I tried to blend the colors slightly so they seem to flow into one another. After that, I added a coat of Wet n Wild Kaleidoscope to give some sparkle. On her middle finger, I stamped an image from MoYou London Kaleidoscope plate #3 in Wet n Wild Black Creme. This was the first time I had used my DIY sheer tints so it was nice to see that it all turned out well!


Materials Used
DIY sheer tints
Sally Hansen White On
Wet n Wild Kaleidoscope
Wet n Wild Black Creme
MoYou London Kaleidoscope #3


What do ya think? Gramma said her favorite nail was the pinky, and I kinda agree! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment