Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Born Pretty Store Review: Floral French Tip Water Decals

*Provided for honest review*

Hey, everyone!

I have another review for a product from Born Pretty Store for you all today! They're water decals again (my collection is growing, yay!), and they're really neat, so keep reading to check them out!



This set of water decals is called French Edge Nail Art Water Decals Transfer Stickers Flower Pattern Sticker B064/061, which can be found here for $0.99 per sheet (regular price $1.99) at the time that I write this post. Each sheet of water decals comes with 14 individual designs in various sizes, so you're sure to find some that fit your nails. 



I chose to review this set because I recently discovered a love for French tip design, and this seems like such an awesome way to spice up a simple colored tip! Plus I can't paint roses to save my life, so this make that easy too!


I decided to pair these water decals with a new polish I recently got as well as some stamping. Virago Varnish Allure is inspired by 1940's Old Hollywood, and it is an absolute stunner! It's packed with silver holo microglitter - so packed, in fact, it only takes two coats to reach full opacity! WOW! So after applying two coats of Allure to all my nails, I then stamped with black using a fishnet/lace design from Messy Mansion plate MM44. Next, I chose two sizes of water decals, one for my thumb and one for my ring finger. I applied them like normal water decals, although it was a tad tricky simply due to the odd curve and the fact that my nails are super short right now... so I just went for a thicker French tip look, or even a half moon look. Whatever you wanna call it! On my other nails, I applied some nail vinyls and painted my other tips with plain black polish for a simpler look. Top coat and DONE!


Overall I really REALLY loved how these turned out! I bet you could also use these water decals for a ruffian look rather than a French tip look. Might be an interesting experiment! I noticed that these water decals needed to be submerged in water a bit longer than others I've used before they slid off the backing - more like 25 seconds as opposed to 12-18 seconds. But it wasn't a big deal! I also noticed that these water decals are nice and opaque, since nothing from underneath showed through. So that's nice, too! Oh, and below is a quick video to show how sparkly Allure is in the sunshine. Yay!


Materials Used
Virago Varnish Allure
Wet n Wild Black Creme
Born Pretty Store floral French tip water decals
Messy Mansion MM44

So what do you guys think? This is already my second time wearing Allure and I've had it less than a month! I might need to order a backup... And I can't wait to try these water decals in some other looks! Be sure and use the discount code below next time you order from Born Pretty Store, and you'll get 10% off your order! Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment