Friday, August 1, 2014

Les Nail Smiths, August 2014: Birthstone!

Hey, everyone!

I have for you today another twin mani that I did with Michelle of Le Lacquer Hookup. This is the first of our once-a-month posts, which we have dubbed "Les Nail Smiths" (like a nice hybrid of our blogs' names)! The theme is "Birthstone" since both of us have our birthday in the month of August. Keep reading to learn more!


Since the birthstone for the month of August is peridot, I knew I wanted to use some little light green rhinestones from my stash. Peridot can range in color from a vivid lime green to almost a seafoam green color, and I chose to get my inspiration from the latter. In the picture above, I'm holding my favorite pair of peridot studs.


After my base coat, I painted all of my nails with two coats of Icing Posh Princess, and once it was dry I sponged a gradient of Sinful Colors Olympia and Icing Posh Princess onto my thumb and ring finger. I then painted the flowers using Maybelline Go Go Green, China Glaze White on White, and a bit of SC Olympia before finishing by placing the rhinestones and topcoating. And I know the flowers aren't the official birth flower of August, but I wanted something sweet and delicate to go with the rest of the design, so there!


Colors Used
Icing Posh Princess
Sinful Colors Olympia
Maybelline Go Go Green
China Glaze White on White

Be sure to check back on the first Saturday of every month for another twin post from Les Nail Smiths! You can click here to see Michelle's take on this month's theme! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment