Monday, August 18, 2014

All Hail the Glow Cloud

Hello, listeners... er, I mean... Hey, everyone!

I've been listening to a LOT of Welcome to Night Vale lately, and I wanted to do some nails that were reflective of this genius podcast. Keep reading to learn more!


For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, Welcome to Night Vale is a free podcast that is a little over 2 years old, with episodes released twice a month. It is done in the form of a community radio program for the fictional desert town of Night Vale. One thing about Night Vale that you might not expect, though, is that often Lovecraftian events take place on a daily basis. If you'd like to learn more, you can visit commonplacebooks.com, or subscribe to the podcast on iTunes.


The episodes run about 20 minutes long and oh my goodness, they are so addicting! In fact, I usually listen to them while I do my nails because I don't have to focus on watching anything and they're so incredibly interesting. Below is the logo or album artwork for the podcasts, from which I drew my inspiration. I painted the eye, the pyramid, the letters, and the glow cloud by hand and stamped the power lines using Vivid Lacquer stamping plate VL018 (which is currently sold out).


Of course, I couldn't very well do a mani inspired by Night Vale and not make some aspect of it glow in the dark! Alas, my camera wasn't super cooperative about taking low light pictures, so these pics below are the best I could do. At least you can still see how BRIGHTLY they glowed!





Materials Used
China Glaze Grape Pop
Orly Wild Wisteria
Sinful Colors Black on Black
China Glaze White on White
Sinful Colors Island Coral
Sinful Colors Clementine
Sally Hansen The Sky's the Limit
Icing All Glowed Up
stamping plate VL018

Goodnight, Night Vale... woops... Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I love how the mani looks like in the dark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! :-) (not sure how I missed this comment before... woops!)

    ReplyDelete