Thursday, August 21, 2014

Brigadoon!

Hey, everyone!

The nails I have for you today are the ones I wore to a production of Brigadoon with my mom and brothers a couple weeks ago. Keep reading to learn more!


For those of you who are unfamiliar with Brigadoon, it's a wonderful musical that takes place in the mysterious Scottish village of Brigadoon. I grew up watching this musical and countless others on VHS, and the production we saw was absolutely stunning! From the costumes, to the music, to the set, it was so fantastic!


I wanted to try out my new Messy Mansion stamping plate MM16 (currently out of stock, but you can check it out here) because WOW, what a beautiful plate! And the images come out so crisp! And it was just perfect because THISTLES! I actually stamped the thistles using a two-toned technique with green and purple polishes, but I think they weren't quite opaque enough... which actually works out great because they just seem to "disappear" into the background! (If you know about Brigadoon then it makes sense heehee). Next time it might also help to stamp them onto a lighter, non-metallic background.


Materials Used
Essie Good as Gold
OPI Planks a Lot
Sinful Colors Exotic Green
MM16 stamping plate

What's your favorite musical and why? Let me know in the comments! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment