Saturday, August 16, 2014

Bangarang! In Memory of Robin Williams

Hey, everyone!

As you all know, the world lost an incredible man this last week. Robin Williams permeated the childhoods of countless people, and I wanted to pay tribute to the joy he brought so many individuals. Keep reading to learn more.


When I was a kid, I watched Hook so many times that I think we almost wore out our VHS copy. So the other day I sat down and watched that movie for the first time in many many years. Suddenly memories came flooding back. My brothers and I yelling "HOOK! HOOK! GIVE US THE HOOK!" and "RU! FI! OHHHHHH!" until our parents went mad. Wishing I could fly just by thinking a happy thought. And I realized that Robin Williams brought happy thoughts to the lives and minds of so many people during his lifetime.


Materials Used
Polish Me Silly Sunkissed Sweetheart (thermal)
Sally Hansen Peach Fuzz
Sinful Colors Black on Black

I wanted to do some "bangarang" nails because to me, that scene in Hook with the food fight epitomized the turning point for Robin's character. He finally remembered how to be a kid. And that movie has taught me something important that I hope I never ever forget - growing old doesn't mean you have to grow up. Always remember to enjoy life and try not to get bogged down by it.


I will remember this man until the day I die. I choose not to be saddened by his death, although it is still so hard to believe. Rather, I will remember the joy and laughter he brought those around him and beyond. Thank you, Robin, for being my happy thought. We miss you dearly.


 In loving memory of Robin Williams, 1951-2014.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment