Saturday, May 6, 2017

Colorful Cacti

Hey, everyone!

I'm still here! I've just been busy... and I honestly haven't been doing my nails much lately as a result, which means they're in pretty poor shape at the moment. I've also gotten sucked back into Tumblr after not having used my fandoms account for basically THREE YEARS, and am also now writing and drawing on a regular basis. It's just hard for me to balance all my hobbies in my free time, which is slim lately because I'm head AP proctor at the high school until the end of next week. SO that's my long-winded excuse for my absence. Anyway, I wore this nail art for Easter (!) and am just now posting it. Keep reading!


I honestly don't remember where I got my inspiration for these, it was so long ago at this point, but I know I'm not the first person to create brightly colored cacti on their nails! I just wanted something bright and cheery for Easter that wasn't Easter eggs, so I tried this!

I started with two coats of OPI My Vampire is Buff on all of my nails. Once that was dry, I used a few polishes and a dotting tool to do some simple cacti on my thumb, index, and pinky fingers. The colors I used were: China Glaze Custom Kicks, OPI I Just Can't Cope-acabana, Revlon Plum Seduction, and Essie Orange, It's Obvious!. On my other nails, I stamped a funky geometric pattern from hēhē plate 082 using a gradient of those same colors. As usual, I topped everything with Seche Vite.


Materials Used
OPI My Vampire is Buff
OPI I Just Can't Cope-acabana
China Glaze Custom Kicks
Revlon Plum Seduction
Essie Orange, It's Obvious!
hēhē plate 082

After this next week I think I will have a bit more free time, but we will see. In the meantime, thanks for being patient with me! Also, I got some new goodies to review from Born Pretty Store so those will hopefully be making an appearance here soon! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment