Tuesday, December 23, 2014

ILNP Flakies - The Magical "Electric Carnival"

Hey, everyone!

We interrupt your normally scheduled holiday manicures to bring you another flakies review! Keep reading to find out more about this beautiful polish!


As I shared with you in my post where I checked out ILNP Gaia, the flakies in ILNP's newest collection are completely opaque and can be worn over any color and you still get the same effect. These really are some incredible polishes, and I highly recommend you get one or two if you enjoy polishes as much as I do!


Electric Carnival is practically a rainbow in a bottle. It shifts from a mainly magenta/pink color, through gold and mossy green, and I was even able to get some teal to show at really oblique angles (although it was pretty much impossible to photograph). Overall it was really beautiful in person!


As with Gaia, Electric Carnival was also really easy to apply, and really easy to cleanup as well. I'm really a fan of applying these flakies with a makeup sponge to get the opaque look, that way you don't end up with thick coats on your nails because the sponge soaks up the suspension liquid.


For my nail art, I started with just one perfect coat of OPI Schnapps Out of It! on my thumb, middle, and pinky fingers. I used my liquid latex (which I will write a review about soon!) to protect my cuticles on my index and ring fingers, then I used my makeup sponge to apply about 3 or so coats of Electric Carnival to reach opacity. Next I applied one coat of the flakies over my thumb, middle, and pinky fingers. I then used Born Pretty stamping plate QA65 to stamp a pretty swirly pattern over the flakies on my index and ring fingers using SOfI! Finally I sealed it all with a coat of Seche Vite.


Okay, I know I said this wasn't a holiday manicure, but this picture above really gives me like an Old World faded Christmas vibe, and I love it! I'll definitely have to remember this color combination!


Materials Used
OPI Schnapps Out of It!
ILNP Electric Carnival
Born Pretty Store stamping plate QA65
makeup sponge

 I hope you all are ready for a super fantastic Christmas mani on Thursday! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment