Saturday, September 22, 2018

Welcome, One and All!

Hey, everyone!

Do you ever see something and immediately think "I have to replicate that in nail art"? Because I definitely do! Keep reading to find out the inspiration behind this week's mani design!


For this design, I used a sticker sheet that came in a set with the same ones I reviewed in THIS post. This sheet is mostly full of stickers of succulents and mushrooms, with a few random plants thrown in here and there. As soon as I opened them up, I knew what I wanted to create with them...


A while back, my mom gave me this adorable wooden Welcome sign for our front door, and I've been wanting to try and recreate it for a few months now. These stickers presented the perfect opportunity!


To start off this design, I painted all of my nails with two coats of OPI My Vampire is Buff. When it was dry, I used Sinful Colors Nirvana and China Glaze Mahogany Magic and dry brushed those colors onto the tips of each nail to mimic the woodgrain look from the sign. Next, I chose a few of the stickers from the sheet and placed them on my thumb, index, and ring fingers. And finally I topped all my nails with a generous layer of topcoat.


I think I ended up recreating the sign design pretty well, wouldn't you agree? I love the way this turned out!


One thing I'm still not crazy about when it comes to stickers is that the edges are really visible. Maybe not to others so much, but to me they're painfully obvious. I think having the dry brush pattern on this mani helped disguise it some, but even after I put a layer of topcoat on, I was still afraid the sticker would peel off. At least it was cute!


Materials Used
OPI My Vampire is Buff
Sinful Colors Nirvana
China Glaze Mahogany Magic
BPS stickers

 What are your opinions on nail stickers? Let me know below! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment