Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Hard as Diamond Plate

Hey, everyone!

I wanted to try something new for this nail design, and I gotta say, I was not disappointed! Keep reading for all the details!


The idea for this design has honestly been sitting in my notebook for... at least 8 months? And I've been putting it off for some reason, until recently when I basically sat myself down and said "Look, self. Just do it." And I did, and I loved the outcome! If you can't tell, these were inspired by diamond plate metal, by the way!


I started off with a coat of Born Pretty Store's peel-off gel base on all of my nails and cured. I wiped the tacky layer and applied a coat of black polish to every nail and let it dry completely. Next I applied a coat of no-wipe gel topcoat, and after curing I painted the diamond plate pattern with a detail brush and the same no-wipe topcoat and cured again. Then I rubbed Born Pretty Store Mirror Powder all over each nail, using a fluffy brush to remove excess before topcoating with gel and curing again. These were so incredibly shiny and reflective in-person! I'm not really sure where that weird wrinkle came from on my thumb, but it just looked like a flaw in the metal instead of a flaw in the polish, to me!


Materials Used
Sally Hansen Black Out
Born Pretty Store Peel-Off Gel Base
Born Pretty Store Mirror Powder
OneDor No-wipe Gel Topcoat

I really really love the way this mani turned out, and I'm kicking myself a bit for not having done it sooner! What do you think? Let me know below! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment