Wednesday, June 21, 2017

FIRE IN THE HOLE!

Hey, everyone!

Funny thing about me and video games - I know quite a bit about various games and even gameplay, but I rarely play them myself. I like to consider myself an observer rather than a gamer. And when it comes to Overwatch, I absolutely suck at playing, but I still love it to death! So I wanted to create some nail art to honor my obsession/love of this game and everything it entails. Keep reading!


I've fallen down the rabbit hole of this fandom so deeply it's not even funny, and it's even brought some amazing new friends into my life. What do we love so much about it? Well first and foremost, we love Junkrat, the mad Australian bomber! Something about this nutcase is so endearing and he's so badass and psycho and I love him. So these are specifically Junkrat nails! I wanted to incorporate a few aspects of his character, from explosions to his always-on-fire hair, from his trademark crazy smiley logo to his RIP Tire.


I started this mani off with two coats of black on my index and ring fingers, and two coats of Sinful Colors Smokin' (very apt) on my thumb, middle, and pinky fingers. While those were drying, I made some reverse stamping decals of some explosions using hēhē plate 095 from the science collection. I stamped with Sally Hansen Lightening and filled in the center using Sinful Colors Clementine. Once I applied the images to my middle and pinky fingers, I added some splotches of Lightening in the center and marbled it a bit using acetone to make it look extra explosive. On my thumb, I painted the smiley from the end of Junkrat's frag launcher, because it's basically his trademark and I love it. I painted it using Lightening and black polish. On my index I recreated some of his singed flaming hair along with some smoke (which is tricky to see in the pics, sorry!) using Lightening, Smokin', and Clementine. Finally, on my ring finger, I chose to embody his RIP Tire by putting some real badass spikes on the nail and securing them with builder gel.


BTW those spikes were incredibly sharp and I think I scratched myself about a dozen times in the span of a couple days! But I like to think that this is a mani fit for a Junker, and I'm super incredibly proud of how it turned out! It made me feel like I could take on the world while I was wearing it!!! PREPARE THE DAY FOR MAYHEM!


Materials Used
Wet n Wild Black Creme
Wet n Wild French White Creme
Sinful Colors Smokin'
Sinful Colors Clementine
Sally Hansen Lightening
hēhē plate 095
spike studs
IBD clear builder gel

 Do any of you play Overwatch or other video games in general? If you do, who's your favorite character? I'd love to know! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment