Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Oil Slick, I Guess?

Hey, everyone!

I tried something with this mani that didn't exactly turn out how I was planning, but it still looks cool! Keep reading to learn more!


A while ago, I saw some really neat textured oil slick nails by twi_star and kimberz613 and both versions absolutely rocked my world! They looked exactly like oil spilled on asphalt, and I was so inspired to try my own version of it. So I did! Mine aren't nearly as good as theirs, but hey, I tried!


To start, I applied a base of black polish on all of my nails. When it was dry, I painted each nail with clear polish, then dunked my nails into clear embossing powder. After it dried a bit, I carefully brushed off the excess with a fluffy brush. Next, I sponged on a few wavy stripes of multichrome polishes: ILNP Birefringence, ILNP Mutagen, Polish Me Silly Dynamite. I cleaned up around the edges and called it good.


Materials Used
Wet n Wild Black Creme
Wet n Wild Clear
ILNP Birefringence
ILNP Mutagen
Polish Me Silly Mutagen
clear embossing powder
cosmetic sponge 

Honestly, I really like the effect this has. But I think my multichrome selection is a bit lacking for the true rainbow look of an actual oil slick. I'll have to revisit this in the future, perhaps. Anyway, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment