Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Beautiful Butterfly Gold

Hey, everyone!

In case you don't know, I collect vintage Pyrex. That's right, all those colorful casserole dishes that your grandma has cluttering her cupboards? I've got a bunch too! And they're all in the same pattern, too! So keep reading to find out more!


Pyrex is freaking fantastic. There's tons and tons of dish styles, and even more patterns available as well! While I was still in college, my grandmothers and my mom started finding various Pyrex dishes for me at estate sales, garage sales, and thrift shops. I'm not sure how they picked the pattern, but I love it so much! It's called Butterfly Gold (or BFG in the Pyrex community), and the colors are a lovely goldenrod color, white, and a deeper mustard brown. For a few years, though, they all sat in storage because I didn't have my own place to put them. BUT NOW that I have my own little house, I have a whole section of cupboards devoted to my precious vintage collection, and I use them all the time!


For a while now, I've wanted to recreate this nice pattern on my nails, but never had quite the right polish color. So I did some research, and recently purchased Color Club Oh Deer! from Amazon. I've had some love-hate with Color Club in the past (except for their Halo Hues), but I gave this polish a shot anyway. And I'm so happy I did! It's a wonderful, buttery, creamy formula that self levels fantastically, and is opaque in two coats. As soon as I got it, I knew I finally had to try this pattern.


I started by painting my thumb and ring finger with two coats of white polish, and all of my other fingers with two coats of Oh Deer!. When they were dry, I painted the designs on my thumb, index, and ring fingers using the same motif as on most of the dishes.


I used Oh Deer! to paint a tiny flower onto my thumb as well as the leaf design on my ring finger. Then I used white polish to paint the same leaf design on my index finger. It took forever, and lots of refining lines using my tiniest detail brush, but I LOVE the end result! I even remembered to take some pics of my nails with one of my favorite little refrigerator dishes!


Materials Used
Wet n Wild French White Creme
Color Club Oh Deer!

I love me some vintage goodness, and Pyrex is one of my vintage vices! Do any of you collect anything vintage or antique? I'd love to know! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment