Sunday, October 23, 2016

Eyes in the Darkness!

Hey, everyone!

I'm back again - I know, it's been just about a month since I posted something. Life is really good at getting in the way of blogging these days! I've been dealing with an ongoing family emergency that has finally stabilized it seems, and my work life has changed again, not to mention regular everyday responsibilities. But for now, I have some fun Halloween nail art to share with you! Just don't get too spooked. Keep reading to learn more!


I always like to do at least one kinda creepy nail art in the spirit of Halloween, and I wanted to start off with some eerie eyes that look like they're looking out from the darkness. Don't be scared!


I decided to do a variety of eyes and teeth that show an array of expressions, both on my left and right hands. I liked them all, but I especially liked the one on the ring finger above the most! Seems most like my reaction if I were to see these eyes staring back at me from the dark night... eek!


Here's a close up of the thumb design on my left hand. Quite a ferocious beast!


Oh yeah, I suppose I should tell you how I created this look! I started with one coat of black on all my nails. Next, I applied two thin coats of CrowsToes Nail Color Shoot the Butterfly, which is one of my favorite polishes that I don't use nearly often enough. When that was dry, I used Serum No. 5 Pure Glow Getter to paint the teeth, and Serum No. 5 Orange You Sunny to paint the spoopy eyes! I finished with a coat of topcoat and cleaned up around the edges, as always.


You can see the designs on my right hand above, including the closeup of my right thumb. For some reason, the one on my index finger reminds of me Salad Fingers... maybe the crooked teeth? The vacant eyes? Either way, it gave me the creeps big time!


AND OF COURSE I had to include a couple of extra Halloween-y glow-in-the-dark pictures! I am always impressed with how well my Serum No. 5 polishes glow! I eventually had to take them off because they kinda glowed too brightly at night to let me sleep, hahaha!


Materials Used
Wet n Wild Black Creme
CrowsToes Nail Color Shoot the Butterfly
Serum No. 5 Orange You Sunny
Serum No. 5 Pure Glow Getter

I will most likely be posting at least one more Halloween design this year, so stay tuned for that! I hope you all come up with some fun plans for Halloween! Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment