Saturday, July 25, 2015

Les Nail Smiths, July 2015: Bright Tribal

Hey, everyone!

Here's a fun and summery theme for this month's Les Nail Smiths post - bright tribal print! Unfortunately, Michelle from Le Lacquer Hookup is pretty swamped with life in general right now, so I'll be going this solo! (Life is hard when you're a world traveler, huh, Michelle? Heehee!) Keep reading to check out my design!


I'm just gonna jump right into the nail art since it's late at night and I'm sleeeepy! Before I started painting my base colors, I used MoYou London Explorer #27 and black polish to make two stamping decals on two different stamping heads. After a few moments of allowing the polish to dry, I used a detail brush and a few Sinful Colors polishes to fill in the bands of the tribal pattern. The polishes were Clementine, Endless Blue, Innocent, and Dream On. While the decals were drying, I painted my thumb and middle finger with two coats of Clementine, my index and pinky fingers with two coats of Dream On, and my ring finger with one coat of Sally Hansen White On. Then I applied a medium coat of Wet n Wild Clear on top of each decal, and while they were drying on the stamper heads I applied a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust on all nails but my ring finger. After allowing my decals to dry for at least 5 minutes, I very carefully peeled them off the stamper heads and applied them to each of my ring fingers. I carefully smoothed it out and removed the excess from the edges with a cleanup brush and acetone. I topped off all nails with Seche Vite as usual. 


Materials Used
Sinful Colors Clementine
Sinful Colors Endless Blue
Sinful Colors Innocent
Sinful Colors Dream On
China Glaze Fairy Dust
Sally Hansen White On
Wet n Wild Clear
Franken black stamping polish
MoYou London Explorer #27

I can't tell you how pleased I am with this design! I've never had such luck with a stamping decal before! I think the trick is not using a fast dry topcoat on your decal until it's already on your nail. Anyway, I hope Michelle is able to retroactively join in on this theme, I'd love to see what she creates! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment