Saturday, July 18, 2015

HPB Presents Starry Night Sky

Hey, everyone!

Another great link-up with the ladies of Hobby Polish Bloggers is here - yes indeed! This month's theme is Starry Night Sky, so keep reading to see my take on it!


I cannot express how thankful I am for the incredible ladies of HPB! This week especially, I feel like I've been constantly posting questions in the group. But because of these ladies and their helpfulness, I was able to not only find and purchase one of my lemming polishes this week, but also had help creating my very first Instagram account! So thanks to everyone who answered my pestering questions! And if you want, come follow The Nail Smith on Instagram (#milliethenailsmith)!

I've been planning on doing another galaxy mani for a while, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity. I started with a base of Avon Inked Up, a nearly black navy blue. This polish is a one-coater, people. One coat, full coverage! When all of my nails were completely dry, I masked my cuticles with liquid latex for easy cleanup. Then I sponged on the following colors with a makeup sponge: A England Saint George (another recent purchase that I LOVE!), Essie Go Overboard, OPI Can't Find My Czechbook, Serum No. 5 Pure Glow Getter. When I was happy with the layering, I added some tiny stars with a detail brush and Pure Glow Getter. I tried to get some cool glow pics with Pure Glow Getter but I think because I only sparsely sponged it on over the dark base, my camera was being too picky about picking it up. Sadness... but it really does glow super pretty in the dark, like a real galaxy!


Materials Used
Avon Inked Up
A England Saint George
Essie Go Overboard
OPI Can't Find My Czechbook
Serum No. 5 Pure Glow Getter

 I'm pretty happy with these galaxy nails, to me they look... natural. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but there you go! Don't forget to check out what the other HPB gals came up with down below! Thanks for stopping by!






12 comments:

  1. This is so realistic looking. When I clicked on your larger pictures, they look like something I imagine I would see through a low power telescope. Super!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice outcome. I love galaxy nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'm getting a little more comfortable with them every time I try them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! I was trying to go for realistic tones so I'm glad you think they look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooo beautiful!! I LOVE it because it's not too "galaxy" and I can easily picture the big moon above these clouds, ahh so beautiful!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah I TOTALLY should've added a moon! Lol Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like these! It reminds me of the sky in Peter Pan when they fly to Neverland for the first time :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! Honestly half the time they looked like galaxies to me and the other half they looked like clouds under a full moon or something lol

    ReplyDelete