Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

Hey, everyone!

Can you believe 2014 is already gone? Man, that was fast! Check out my mani below to see how I bid adieu to 2014 and said howdy to 2015!


First of all, I want to thank everyone who has taken an interest in my little hobby here. I'm not really one for the whole "Ooh, I have X number of followers, I'm so popular!" I basically maintain this blog as a way to relieve stress and share my artistic endeavors with the world. So to all of you who actually care, thank you!


Next, I want to share this GORGEOUS polish that I got for Christmas that might just be one of my top 5 polishes I've ever owned - Ellagee Sexy Old Girl. This is from a collection inspired by Doctor Who, and this polish in particular is the perfect TARDIS blue jelly with stunning holographic microglitter and small blue hexes. It's the closest I've ever seen to a galaxy in a bottle! Shown in the pictures above and below is one coat of OPI I Saw... U Saw... We Saw... Warsaw followed by one coat of Sexy Old Girl. Because of the base color I used, the color is a tad darker on the nail than in the bottle, but I couldn't stop staring at my nails regardless!


Because I loved this color so much, I wanted to use it in my New Year's mani. Over the previously stated base polishes on my index and ring fingers, I stamped a design from Winstonia stamping plate W111 and Kleancolor Pastel Blue. On my thumb, middle, and pinky fingers, I painted two coats of Sinful Colors Endless Blue, followed by one light coat of another new polish I received for Christmas, Fair Maiden Polish Fairy Godmother, a holo topcoat! I painted the details on my thumb also using Pastel Teal.


I knew that for my New Year's mani I wanted to use lots of holo polishes, because this is the year I discovered my love of them. There's just something so magical about the way anything holo looks when you get it in direct sunlight!


Oh, and here's a bonus short video to show how incredible Sexy Old Girl is in the sunlight!



Materials Used
OPI I Saw... U Saw... We Saw... Warsaw
Ellagee Sexy Old Girl
Sinful Colors Endless Blue
Fair Maiden Polish Fairy Godmother
Kleancolor Pastel Blue
Winstonia stamping plate W111

I hope you enjoyed celebrating the New Year last night and today! I hope each of you have an incredible upcoming year! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, just gorgeous! I'm with you, holo makes everything better! What do you think of the Fair Maiden topper? Does it give a nice holo effect without making any change, or only a subtle change, to the base color? I've been disappointed with the ones I've tried so far. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karolyn! So far I really like the Fair Maiden holo topper. I find it doesn't dull the color too much and gives just enough of a linear holo flame that's not too in-your-face :-)

      Delete