Friday, July 11, 2014

Twin Swatch with Michelle of Le Lacquer Hookup and an ANNOUNCEMENT!

Hey, everyone!

Today I am very pleased to share with you a Twin Swatch Post (I guess that's what you'd call it?) with Michelle from Le Lacquer Hookup! We realized we each had a polish or two from the Wet n' Wild Fast Dry line that came out a few years ago (don't let the 'New' sticker on the lid fool you!) and decided that this would be fun. Keep reading to learn more!


I have three polishes from this line, and to be honest I think they are the oldest polishes that I own and they're the ones that kick-started my addiction. I own 9.0.2.1.Orange, Sage in the City, and Blue Wants to be a Millionaire, the last of which I will be sharing with you today! As you can see, my bottle of BWtbaM is so old and I've used it so much that there's no trace of the original stamped label on the front! But you can see from this bottle shot that it's got all sorts of lovely little holographic sparkly bits in it, which is one of the reasons I love it so much!


Blue Wants to be a Millionaire is a lovely dusty blue color with plenty of shimmer and even some scattered holographic glitter that catches the light so nicely. For these swatches I painted three medium coats onto my nails, giving quite a bit of time between coats even though it's technically a "fast dry" polish. It did indeed dry fairly quickly, but without a top coat like Seche Vite my nails were still easily dented after 10 minutes or so simply due to all the layers. 


Because my bottle is so old and running a little low, the formula was a tad gloopy to apply, but a few drops of nail polish thinner seemed to restore a bit of life to it. The picture above is without topcoat, and it's clear that the polish dries to a satin-y finish, not glossy. However, I'm unsure as to whether this is due to the age of my particular bottle or if all of them are like that. 


This picture above and the rest below are with Seche Vite top coat, the one above is in direct artificial light to show some of the holo effect. The rest of the pictures are in my light box in indirect light.




I hope you all enjoyed my first ever swatch post! Head over to Michelle's blog to check out her swatches of Hannah Pinktana from the same Wet n' Wild Fast Dry line!

Alright, time for the big announcement: Michelle and I have decided that, in order to motivate each other about blogging and such, we will be doing a monthly Twin Mani post on the first Saturday of each month! HUZZAH! I'm so excited to start doing this! So I hope you guys remember to check us out on our respective blogs at the beginning of each month!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment