Thursday, July 17, 2014

Dove Mint Chocolate Dry Marble

Hey, everyone!

I don't know about you guys, but whenever I need a sweet chocolate-y treat these days I turn to Dove Mint & Dark Chocolate squares. They're delicious and creamy and mmm... irresistible! So this mani was inspired by them and their pretty swirls. Keep reading to learn more!


As soon as I unwrapped one of these delicious morsels a few months ago, I just KNEW that I had to replicate the swirls with some nail art! Had my bottle of OPI Mermaid's Tears not broken last year, I would have used it for this mani since it is just a perfect mint green. But I still can't seem to find a bottle anywhere that's not upwards of $20 not including shipping. Which kinda breaks my heart harder than that bottle broke. Anyway, I ended up using a different mint green from my collection, which ended up working okay. Just a little more blue-leaning than I'd have liked. 


To get the marbled effect, I just used a dry marble technique with a very fine detailing brush while the polishes were still wet. I think I need to work on my dry marbling, but it still turned out really nice!


And here are some gratuitous pictures of the chocolate that put this idea in my head! I had to work fast with pictures so it didn't melt, since it's been triple digits on and off here for the last week or two. Blech! I guess that's one of the bummers of living in a drought area...



Colors Used
Orly Jealous, Much?
Essie Little Brown Dress

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment