Saturday, October 6, 2018

A Good Boy

Hey, everyone!

I decided a while ago to do some nail art in memory of my cat who passed away not long ago. I meant to do them much sooner but life got in the way so I only just got around to them last month or so. Anyway, keep reading to see how I remembered one of my favorite cats ever.


I started these nails not really knowing what design to go for. But I began by painting my thumb, index, and ring fingers with two coats of Sinful Colors Smokin and my middle and pinky fingers with two coats of Color Club Harp On It. When Smokin was dry, I double stamped some kitty images using hēhē plate hēhē 021 and Harp On It followed by Wet n Wild Black Creme. I finished it all off with top coat.


Reebok was his name, and he was the best. We had his momma Trixie and before she was even a year old, she ended up giving birth to a litter of tiny fuzzballs in my mom's closet. We named all of the kittens after shoes - Stilleto, Sketcher, Flip Flop, Nike, and of course, Reebok. He was a tiny grey thing with a few stripes, and I still so clearly remember rushing home after school to be able to play with him even before his eyes opened. We grew up together and he always wanted to sleep right under my chin, a habit he still had even as an old kitty living at my mom's house. Always wanting to be right next to you even when it was a million degrees in the summer time. Whenever I came over to my mom's after being away at school, he would still rush over to love on me and dispense purrs and snuggles.


The silver holo in my mani represents the Rainbow Bridge that Reebok made the journey over not long ago. He was a very old kitty and his health had been not so great, but now he's in a much better place alongside my sweet ratties whom I also still miss dearly. I know one day I'll see them again, but until then, memories and pictures will have to suffice. Thank you for being such a good kitty, Reebok. You were a very good boy.


Materials Used
Sinful Colors Smokin
Color Club Harp On It
Wet n Wild Black Creme
stamping plate hēhē 021


No comments:

Post a Comment