Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Born Pretty Store Review: Cactus Among Us

*Provided for honest review*

Hey, everyone!

This will be my last review for a bit, but this product is fantastic! Keep reading for more!


This sheet of water decals is so adorable! You can find them HERE for currently $1.99 (normally $4.06). I chose to review the green style, but you can also go for a monochrome look if you choose the black option instead. There's quite a nice variety of images, including lots of little succulents in terrariums. The image are slightly on the larger size, especially some of the tall cacti - they'd be best on longer nails, I think. But the designs all have a white backing, meaning they're quite visible over any base color. That's always a plus when it comes to water decals!


To start off the mani I created with these water decals, I applied two coats of China Glaze For Audrey on all of my nails. When they were completely dry, I used a brown Sharpie to scribble on my index, ring, and pinky fingers. Then I used a brush dipped in rubbing alcohol to blur the Sharpie and create a sort of watercolor effect that actually ended up looking a bit like turquoise stones! I applied a cute cactus to my thumb and middle finger, then sealed everything with topcoat.


I like how minimalist yet detailed these water decals are! As I think I've said before, I'm a huge sucker for succulents, and these just feed my addiction. Water decals are just the bee's knees, I swear, they're so great!


Materials Used
China Glaze For Audrey
Brown Sharpie
Rubbing alcohol
BPS water decals

I have such a massive collection of water decals now, but you know what? They take up nearly no space (I keep mine in a little photo brag book I got from the drugstore), and they're incredibly cheap and easy to use. They're like the holy grail of nail art products! Anyway, if you're interested in this product, use my code below for a discount! Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment