Saturday, February 17, 2018

Hook 'Em and Cook 'Em!

Hey, everyone!

This design has been sitting in a folder for over a month so I suppose it's time to let it see the light of day! Can you guess what this mani is based on? Keep reading to find out!


For those of you who don't know, I really love the Junkers from the video game Overwatch. That is, Junkrat and Roadhog. They're really interesting characters and even though I already did some Junkrat nail art a while back, I wanted to make this design with both of them in mind! They're pretty rough-and-tumble guys, so I wanted this design to reflect that as well!

I started with two coats of China Glaze Cross Iron 360 on all of my nails (except my ring finger, which got two coats of black). A lovely rusty orange color - perfect for these two dudes from a post-apocalyptic Australia. When it was dry, I used a straw and some black polish to do some splatter art on the orange nails, and Cross Iron 360 splatter on my black ring finger.


On my thumb, I painted a hybrid design of Junkrat's and Roadhog's logos. I was really happy with how it all came out! I didn't think I could paint it that small, actually, but I managed somehow! As usual, I finished everything with a smoothing coat of Seche Vite.


Materials Used
China Glaze Cross Iron 360
Wet n Wild Black Creme
straw (for splatter)

I'll probably end up doing a Roadhog-centric mani at some point, but I really enjoyed this design while I wore it. If any of you play Overwatch, who is your favorite character! Let me know below! Also, I got a new lightbox for Christmas this year and I've been slowly figuring out the best setup for it, so bear with me over the next few posts as I get my pose and lighting and stuff squared away!


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment